Who we are.
The information we collect and how.
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way please leave the site.
(3) Your IP address, which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and for statistical analysis.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information.
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used :-
(1) to process your order, to process any application for finance etc., to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
(2) to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
(3) to comply with legal requirements (e.g. if you buy a TV or similar, we are obliged to pass your details to the TV licensing authority).
We Quinns Group may need to pass the information we collect to other companies within our group for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We may also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. These would come from any of our chains, including Quinns Group, Quinns Wales, Quinns Sound & Vision, Sony Centre & Panasonic Centre. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - see "Your rights" section below.
(1) You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you type "Update My Info" in the subject line of your email.
(2) You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email email@example.com Type "Unsubscribe" in the subject line and then the following in the main text :-
- Your full name
- Your postal address, including postcode
- Your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling our customer service and after sale obligations to you.
Alternatively you can post your request to the address below.
Panasonic Store Swansea
Swansea Enterprise Park